Tuesday 8 October 2013

VERY LONG POST... SAD news, and GLAD news....

Hello all!
I really don't know what to say...or how to word this post... 
so I'll just go with it, and see what happens...

It won't have escaped your attention, that I've been rather distant for a while... posts are few and far between, and when they appear they really don't say very much!

well, there are one or two fairly good reasons for that...

So....
I have news...

I'll get the bad news out of the way first...

It is with a VERY VERY heavy heart that I have decided to close Pollycraft.

YES, I know... I only re-opened a few months ago! but I think I have finally realised this isn't where I want to be any more...

I'll willingly admit...deciding to re-open was a mistake... 
The whole reason I closed in the first place was because I'd fallen out of love with it... I'd begun to hate drawing, and crafting.... I'd begun to get SO stressed out with it that it was affecting my family... and that was awful!

Our beautiful little Dylan coming along was the tipping point really... and I knew that life needed to be different... closing was for the best!

but then we had a bit of a difficult time in Dylans first few months... and think I saw a return to Pollycraft as something that would help me get through it...

honestly.... it helped at first, re-building the website, and getting creative again gave me something else to focus on, and helped ease my constant panic and worry about everything we were dealing with....

As soon as I opened though it became just as stressful as it had before... and I knew I'd made a stupid decision!

 I decided I'd have to persevere for a while...

Then just a week after I re-opened we got a MASSIVE shock...

I discovered I was pregnant again!!

in those early days I honestly just couldn't think straight... my head was just bursting with a million and one worries about EVERYTHING...
I'd only had a c-section 9 months earlier... and we'd had such a lot of worries with Dylan...

it took a LONG time for the news to sink in....

gradually as we got through the first few doctor/midwife/consultant appointments things started to feel less scary, and suddenly felt 'real'

naturally we've got concerns, but scans have been re-assuring... and we are now JUST OVER THE MOON DELIGHTED....

so that's the ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL news!!!

It's looking likely that I'll be booked in for a c-section between Christmas and New Year...

(pretty rubbish timing huh?)

and....the most exciting part?!.....

We are having a little bundle of pink!!

I can genuinely say, I really didn't mind either way...
but....

in a house full of boys, I have to admit to looking forward to dresses, and dolls and pigtails...

Some news eh???

so, in a nutshell...

I'm not enjoying Pollycraft as much as I should (and how can I expect customers to if I don't?!)
My hearts SO not in it... so I just don't have the passion to re build it to what it was before...
And Kev is SUPER busy at work, so time is a big issue too...

Plus... that stupid little brain of mine has had to learn the hard way that life is far too short, and that there are so many more important things going on...

Kev's been getting one day off a fortnight lately...so it would be LOVELY to spend that one day together as a family, and not have him just letting me catch up with Pollycraft stuff...
We will soon be expecting our fifth family member... (less than 12 weeks!!!!)
Our gorgeous little Chappy is now a walking, talking bundle of trouble... into EVERYTHING, and bloomin' hard work at times... but SO SO worth the aching back, and tired eyes!!!
And our not so little 14 year old STAR! has been quietly just accepting everything that's been going on, and not complained one little bit that his life has had to change so dramatically... he's just started his GSCE's and has a lot on his plate at the moment, and he SO deserves a Mum who is there for him, and has the time to have fun again!

Say no more really...

YES, I'm an idiot...
I shouldn't have re-opened for the reasons I did... I knew deep down it wasn't for the best...

But, you know what...
I can hold my hands up and admit my mistake... and so what if I look stupid for a while...
I'm a whole lot happier for it!!

The store will close on the 23rd October...
So you've got 2 weeks to grab anything you want before they are gone forever...

The MEGA bundles will remain on sale until close... and there are also 3 new images in the shop...


You can get all 3 for the price of 1..
just £1.49

There will be NO new challenges set over on the Challenge blog...
HUGE thanks go to the WONDERFUL Design Team!
You are all STARS... and I thank you so much for your talent, your support, and your understanding...

I honestly can't thank you enough!!

Okay... I think I've said plenty now...
I think I feel better....
I'm sorry if I've disappointed anyone...
it just needs to be done...

phew...

I'm not going anywhere in a hurry...
I'll still be sharing news on here for a while....

This blog will eventually become more of a general/personal/family blog...

I haven't yet done the big Dylan update I promised, and I'll be letting you know when our new addition arrives!!

Plus... I might get back to crafting for fun once life settles down, so I'll be able to enjoy sharing again...

I'll be back with a 'proper' goodbye post soon...

Take care all...

Me
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

55 comments:

Lucy Patrick said...

Best wishes to you and your family including the little bundle of pink coming! XOX Lucy

Aunty Sue said...

Paula Firstly Congrats On The Good News As This Is The Most Important. Totally Understand Where You Are Coming From And At Least You Can Say You Tried. Take Care Look Forward To The Update And Pictures Of Your Daughter. xx

Creations by Shirl said...

Wow Paula~ that was sure an interesting post.... I'm so happy for you and how sweet to have things in pink now.. How exciting for you & your family. Love your honesty and who knows like you mentioned when things settle down will someday see you back again. And maybe will have the new bundle take over your wonderful talents just like her mommy once did, LOL! Take care will hop on by and check out your store......

cardmaking bird said...

Wow Paula! First of all, HUGE congratulations on expecting a new little pink bundle!! How lovely for you to have a little girlie to complete your family!! And I hope Dylan is coming along well!?
Of course I'm gutted that you've decided to close Pollycraft again, once and for all, but you have to do what's right for you - and your family, and I'm just glad that we had a few months of gorgeous new images from you!! Will you still be designing for LMM?
Wishing you lots of love and luck. I look forward to reading the occasional update. Hugs, Marie xxx

Pam said...

You are making the best decision for you and your family. Kids are little for such a short time and you need to enjoy that time while you have the chance. I will miss your lovely digis but family should always come first!! Congrats on the upcoming arrival of your daughter and I wish you and your family all the best!!


Blessings,
Pam

Anonymous said...

WOW!! I am so happy, sad, excited for you, disappointed, all at the same time! I can only imagine that is how you must feel, too!! I've just found your images and adore them... I will stock up on the cuteness, but must say...
FAMILY always must come FIRST so you are doing the right thing, of course!!
LIFE is too SHORT and you must enjoy it!!
Wishing you nothing but the best, even tho I will miss your adorable creations. :) :) Big hugs!!
~Nicole~

Unknown said...

Sad to hear you leaving and I was just getting an awesome collection of images.,.,.good luck with the new bub and a girl is wonderful..luv aNNie

http://annieforeva.blogspot.com.au

Lisa xx said...

aaawww sweetie as much as we will miss your gorgeous designs NOONE should feel any negativity toward you....your family are the most important thing, so congratulations on the news of the newbies.

when time allows at some point in the future, hopefully you will enjoy being a crafter again xx

Ali said...

Congratulations to you and your family on your latest addition - you definately deserve some pink and pigtails to playwith. I'm sorry to see Pollycraft go your images are fab and a joy to colour BUT you have to do what is best for you and if you are not enjoying it then time to stop and do something you do enjoy - and not to stress out about it - take care and huge hugs xxx

A Casa di Ale said...

CARA PAULA, UNA DECISIONE MOLTO IMPORTANTE LA TUA, SICURAMENTE DISPIACERA' A NOI TUTTE CHE AMIAMO I TUOI DISEGNI E IL TUO TALENTO. TI AUGURO TANTA GIAIA E FORTUNA A TE A ALLA TUA FAMIGLIA SPERO UN GIORNO TU POSSA RIPRENDERE IL TUO FANTASTICO TALENTO.
CIAO DA ALE

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

Love you x

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

Love you x

caroline said...

oh so sorry your closing, i have only just found your images and adore them, i can quite understand and good luck for the future and hope all goes well with your little bundle of pink, please post and let us no all well when you have her, i had 2 boys and that was a handfull
all the best
caroline xxx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Will email you sweetie. You know how much I love your images and will be hopping over to get those fab new ones. Huge congrats and look forward to pics of the baby girl xxx

Ardilla said...

Congrats on your upcoming arrival to your family!
As everybody is saying, family comes first and you are taking the best decision ever as you have your kids with you for a few years... enjoy them!
It's sad you are closing your shop because your drawings are awesome, but I understand that too.
Many hugs,
Ardilla :)

Lisa Lynn said...

Best wishes to you and your family. You can never change what happens so make the time with them count - don't blame you for your decision. Many hugs.

Justyna Cieslinska said...

Paula, Congratulations to you and your Family. Please inform us of new arrival. I wish you All The Best.
Yes, family should be on first place.
Hugs
Justyna

Marlene Atkinson said...

Best Wishes to you and your Family and Congratulations on your new Baby, and you are right life is short, so enjoy it when you can. Marlene

Crafting Vicky said...

That is fabulous news for you and your family. I totally get that you want to enjoy it with them. All the best!

Deni - Angel Handmade Papercraft said...

Great news for bub on the way, sad to hear about prolly raft as I've jus found u, but hey family comes first. X

ribenaruby said...

Wow, Paula, your heart is in the right place..family comes first, I thoroughly enjoyed reading your post and there shouldn't be any regrets. You've gone with the circumstances and I'm sure anyone would do the same. Take good care of yourself and can't wait for your new arrival! Best wishes, Ruby x

Unknown said...

Oooh what fabulous news on your pink bundle! I have one who is now 6 years old - she is a handful (sometimes) but worth every minute of it! What a lovely addition to your family.

It is, of course, a shame for us Pollycraft lovers that you're shutting up shop - but you have to do what's right for you.

Best wishes for the future and I think I will pop over and look at those digi bundles (not that there's many left I've not got already!!!).

Sarah

Pami said...

Big Hugs! P x

Jo said...

Oh Paula, how exciting! :)
HUGE CONGRATULAIONS!!
I'm so happy to hear that you are happy and settled and, as sad as it is, that you've taken this decision for the right reasons - you and your family.
OK, so crafters everywhere will be sad to see Pollycraft go, but I bet every one of us wish you all the best too, we all have families and know they must come first.
Here's to your happy and stress free future, lots of love to you all.
Jo xx

Unknown said...

Congrats on having a little bundle of pink soon. That's awesome news!!! Its sad you're closing the store but family ALWAYS comes first. Good luck and keep us informed :-)

Joey said...

Hiya Hunny,

How on earth could re-opening have been a mistake you gave us the gorgeousness that is Lil'Dumplings :) view it as a positive hunny, your not an idiot, the realisation that family is more important takes priority always :)

I cannot express how chuffed I am for you and your family to be having a little bundle of pinkness :) she is going to be so loved :)

Remember to check in with me once in a while hun, I will miss you not being on the scene as much :( but fully understand why

Loadsa love to you xxxx

.:♥Marit Pettinga-Meijer♥:. said...

hey there you awesome spy friend!!!
This news is amazing!!!! Congratulations on your miracle... and it being pink is such a perfect new addition to your testosterone filled house! LOL :D You know I love you... and we all will miss your designs... but hey... there is an amazing little girl on the way... nothing beats that!!!! When she's 18 we will take her on into our little secret sevice... and call her.. 00-perfect!!!! Take care of yourself and your gorgeous family!!! You are a gem! Hugs from your 007 friend from the Netherlands, Marit.
..:: xXx ::..

Sue Nicholson said...

Congrats on the new arrival later this year.
Sorry to read closing again, but life comes first and family.
All the best for the future for you and your family cheers Sue N x

Heidi Brawley said...

Congrats to you and your family on the new addition and a Daughter at that!!! How really Exciting with a house full of boys!!! Very sad to know no more cute digis but very well understood. Family comes First!!! Very happy for you. Take care and God Bless!
hugs, Heidi

Unknown said...

Congratulations on you're baby news but sad to see that you are closing again, I wish you well xx

Ellen said...

Paula, I can totally understand your decision. I've been reading your post with a big smile and I don't think you're an idiot at all!!
Your family comes first and you should enjoy to be busy with Pollycraft. If not, it's the best decision ever to end it.
I hope you and your boys will have a wonderful time with the little pinky! I surely hope you will show her sometime.
Paula I wish you all the luck and happiness of the world. Take care and thanks for sharing Pollycraft!

Love and hugs,
Ellen (The Netherlands)

Bunny said...

It sounds like all good news. You're doing what you know is going to be good for you and your family. Now you are being blessed by some pink. Congratulations and I wish you the best.

Grandma Bonnie said...

Paula, i am sad to see you go, i think it is a wise decision. I love your new style the images are fun. Sounds to me like Pollycraft is a "fertile" business :0) I'd be afraid to start up again after this sweet one, unless you want a family of 6? (smile..my husband is from a family of 12 (6 girls and 6 boys).

SiskiyouSue said...

Family should be the most important thing for now when you have little ones. Time to enjoy them is huge. I wish you all the best. Remember that on the other end, in just a few SHORT years they'll be independent and your life will be your own again (it has been an amazing discovery for me!) and there'll be plenty of time for Pollycraft or whatever you want to do at that point. Good luck with all! I'll miss you.

Ribbon Girl said...

Hello Paula - I just wanted to wish you and your family the very best of health and good times to come with your growing family, with all good wishes, Mary and Andrea (who was also born between Christmas and New year) xx

Jenn Borjeson said...

Oh my goodness - sending you a big giant hug, my friend, and wishing you the best of everything. Congrats on your pink surprise. :)

Sazzle Dazzle said...

So sorry to hear your news Paula but understand fully ... family must come first and you've got to be happy. A friend once told me that happy mummies make happy babies so very best wishes for the future and congratulations on the news of your forthcoming bundle of joy. Take care. x

Renee B. said...

While I'm very sorry to hear you are closing your shop (I have just recently discovered you!) it is definitely the right decision for you & your family! And, lets face it, they are the ones who come first. Congratulations on the up coming little pink bundle...how amazing! Take care & enjoy life & your lovely family to the fullest!
Hugs, Renee

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

So sorry to see you go again but family should come first. We'll be here whenever you're ready again, when the time allows for it. I adore your work and will continue to use them in my card making. Thank you for all the inspiration.

Big hugs! Melody

Tigger a(r)t work said...

*Buuhuuu* *snief* for closing, but *hiphiphurra* for the pink bundle and for your family ;).
Big Hugs
Tiggerchen

Anonymous said...

So sorry to see you go but thrilled to hear your wonderful news and totally understand! Best of luck to you and your family for the future!
Helen x

Rhonda Miller said...

Wishing you and your family the best. Congrats on the new little one. I'm sure you're excited.

Andrea6760 said...

Paula, I am so happy for you with your great news of having a little girl. As a Mom, I truly understand your decision about Pollycraft, but deep down, it breaks my heart, because your work is so fantastic and I will miss it terribly! I wish you and your family the very best and now that my kids are in college, I will give you these words of advice: They grow up WAY TOO QUICK, so I am smiling for you and to let you know you are doing the right thing. Thank you for sharing your talent with us, and I look forward to hearing all about the baby when she arrives! Blessings ~Andrea

mixamatoasties said...

Sad but happy news all at the same time!

Xxx

Lynne Armstrong said...

Oh Paula that's wonderful, exciting news about your pink bundle of joy :) You're not stupid...you did what you thought was best at the time. We all live and learn and this has helped you learn a bit more about yourself and what's important to you. Your talent will be missed...your stamps are gorgeous...but sometime way in the future, when your little ones have grown up, you can still go back to it if inspiration hits. You won't lose it and there's no point doing something if it isn't giving you pleasure! Much love and big hugs to you and your family. I'll be waiting to see photos of your little pink bundle :) xxx

Anonymous said...

Oh Paula....

It's wonderful that you have such a wonderful Christmas/New Year surprise coming! Smiles..
Huge congrats to all of you hun!

Your fabulous artwork will be sorely missed but you know, I have folders and folders full of your stuff... I'm sure many of us will be kept afloat with all that we have.. lol..

Hugs and smiles,
Karen.xx

Donna said...

Congratulations Paula to you and your family. All kudos to you for making such a tough decision but for all the right reasons. I look forward to hearing of news about your gorgeous girl when she arrives x

Sandra said...

You have to do what's right for you and it sounds like you have more than enough on your plate. Enjoy your family.

I just got your Big Bundle and I thank you for all that wonderfulness. Hours of joy will be had by me.
Good luck
xxx

ScrappyKsue said...

So sorry you are leaving. I just placed an order for some of the cute digis. Thanks for your talent and wish I had gotten them sooner. Take care and congrats on your great news! ~Karen Sue

Emily Thubbron said...

Thank you for all the wonderful digis that you have created. I wish you and your family nothing but the best. Congrats on your new baby girl. They are so much fun! You will be missed.

Anonymous said...

Nooooo, This is not good, ok i'm being selfish hehe it's sad that you are closing the store, but If it's stressing you out to the point your not enjoying it, then closing it is for the best, and your family comes first, so as sad as I am, I am also happy for you, and how exciting that your having a girl, wish you all the best with your family and the new bundle of pink, If you do ever decide to come back I will be here with my credit card hehe Good luck hun xx

Angela Toucan said...

Bless your heart Paula. I have every respect for you and your decision. Do what is best for you and your family. All the best to you with a new little one coming along.

Many blessings to you and your family.
from Angela

thread-bare said...

OMG Paula what a post! I have to say I will seriously miss your gorgeous images but I have plenty here to remind me of you. I totally understand how things can feel right at the time. Have an awesome Xmas with your new gorgeous little star that will be born. Take care of you & your family x Clare x

Cazzy said...

You have got your priorities right and you will have enough on your hands with the two little ones, I can fully understand where you are coming from. We all make decisions we regret, and you will be missed, but I wish you all the best for the future and to your lovely family too!

(Oh and the house full of boys, understand, got the T shirt - no girls around, grandson for me as well).

Carol x

Nat said...

I have only just seen this post,I'm so behind with my blogging. HUGE congrats on your pregnancy. It must have been such a hard decision to close,you are right about life being short, Having just been through a health scare, I've had to re-evaluate many things and I think you have made the right decision. Please don't give up drawing though, you are so talented.

Natxxxxx