Monday 8 December 2008

Pollycraft challenge 5 Make a male card....

Hi all...its that time again.....

This time the challenge over at POLLYCRAFT MONDAY CHALLENGE has been set by Emma w

and Emma wants you to make a male birthday card....for any age....


As Emma rightly told us, it IS meant to be a challenge... but come on girl....male cards!!!!!!

I did mutter a few choice words when I found out about this one......


anyway..... choice words out of the way...heres my card.....
Fortunately I had to make a card for my Nephews birthday, so at least i had something to work with..... I've used the very lovely Dudley...who you can download for free from the shop.....

I chose not to decoupage him, because i'm rubbish at it, and instead added a few additional highlights and mounted him onto a cuttlebug embossed circle..... all the papers are from the basics set..... and the sentiment is a mix of dodgy handwriting and die cuts....
green lace is making memories {note worthy}

Emma.....I know I got really frustrated with this challenge at first... but I had fun really..... Thanks for giving us something to think about...and a break from christmas cards!!

Pop over to the Challenge blog to see the rest of the teams cards... and to see what the prize is this week....

Sorry its such a short post..... I'm writing it at midnight Sunday night and scheduling it....I don't think i'll be sleeping tonight as there is rather a difficult Design Team decision to be made!!!

Paula xxx

5 comments:

crafty amy said...

This is a great card and you are right it does make a change to get away from christmas cards. Hope you are feeling better

X Amy X

Becky said...

Wow! What a gorgeous card Paula! I love the green and orange tones, your nephew will be so pleased!!
Good luck with deciding on the new DT, I had a look at all the enteries through the week so I know what a difficult decidion it must be for you!!
Love Becky xx

Pop's Cards said...

Great card hun, orange too lol, I cant believe it is challenge 5 already, where has the time gone???

Pops x x x

Emma said...

Moan, moan, moan....Lol
Got you thinking!!
Emma x

Unknown said...

I love Dudley...you done a fab job with him, cant decoupage! weres the robo thingy that does it for you?
with the inspiration from you and Emma using Dudley ive ordered the basic grey papers and im off to case some cards this afternoon.
Thats unless my new stamps arrive...i cant wait any longer im off to mug the post man LOL
love emma