Sunday 6 July 2008

A crafty engagement....

I have mentioned this news on my forum.... but wanted to post a little announcement here:
My baby sister has just got engaged!! Whilst on holiday her boyfriend (now fiance) proposed to her as the sun went down on the beach (down on one knee, ring and everything!!)
Naturally i'm over the moon for her.... plus it means I get to make all sorts of crafty bits and bobs :) First of all here is my engagement card:

This card was SO easy to make.... A strip of ribbon 1/3rd of the way down, a long strip of blue bazzill down the centre, 2 squares of bazzill offset in turquoise and white, and then a heart outline and solid heart cut on my new craft-robo (thats another story!!) Finished off with LOTS of doodling...(my favourite crafty technique), another peice of folded ribbon at the bottom of the long centre strip, a pretty flower (american crafts greenhouse range) and a making memories pebble brad. I wrote the 'congratulations' with a white gel pen.

What do you think?

Of course I'm hoping I'll get lots more chances to get crafty...invites have been mentioned....
and then of course wedding cards!! :)

Paula xxx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Somebody is going to be very busy. Engagement cards looks FAB!