Monday 10 November 2008

Pollycraft Challenge *3* DT News and other bits!!

Gosh 2 weeks goes fast!!
Doesn't seem 5 minutes since I was doing my post for the last challenge!!

This time the challenge over at POLLYCRAFT MONDAY CHALLENGE has been set by the wonderful POPPET

And the challenge is to use at least 3 circles in your project....

Hmmmm...I've got to admit this one scared me a bit, cos I'm not really one for circles.... however I think its a fab challenge, and I loved making my card....

and here it is.....
I've used the Colour it yourself santa with gift and coloured him with promarkers.... The backing papers are DCWV and I've used sandpaper to 'distress' the edges... the flourish circle stamp is from the new From The Heart Range.I've cut it out and doodled the sentiment, then coloured the inner circle with promarkers, and also added a bit of the same colour to the edge. For the top circle, I used the same stamp again, but cut off most of the swirls, then just added a bit of colour with promarkers, punched a smaller circle from more DCWV papers, and added a button.
So I think I've covered the circles!!!

Hope you will join us again for this challenge...... hop over to the challenge blog to see the rest of the DT's work..... all fab as usual...

Plus.... you may notice we have a newbie!!!

Another Emma!! (now known as EmmaW... whether she likes it or not!!)

Emma is now a fully fledged Pollycraft DT member... we hope you will make her feel welcome, and pop over to her blog to see her fantastic creations.....


xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Now then...I've got a bone to pick with you all.......

The From the Heart Winter Elves stamps seem to be a bit of a hit with lots of you ...... I've had one stamp from the range sell out already, and 3 more are now getting very close.....
I'm seeing some absolutely stunning cards using these images on lots of your blogs.... but one little guy is NOT getting any of the limelight......
So I'm giving him his little bit of fame..... cos he is my favourite........


For this card i've used the adornment stamp and coloured him with promarkers. The papers are (once again) DCWV and sandpapered edges... I've also circle punched into the corners...
Ribbon and star brad are from stash.... and the sentiment is a special little suprise I'm going to be sharing with you later this week.......
a bit of doodling.....I dont think I doodle enough....LOL! and we're done.....
right, I feel better now!
Just so you all know.... as I know there are one or two... or more.... of you eagerly awaiting more stock of the 'reflection' stamp ... if you pop over to the shop and sign up for the newsletter, I will notify you when more are added..... It will almost definately be this week.
Thanks for looking...
Paula xxxx

9 comments:

Pop's Cards said...

I love both your cards and i am beffled as to why the little boy isnt getting a look in, i have made one for my sone but i cant show you as he may see it...

There isnt many things for boys and he is so perfect...

Hugs Pops x x x

Emma said...

Both fantastic cards...
I can see you are going to be a tough boss...Emma W...like it or not!!!!
Suppose it could be a lot worse...
Lol
Emma x

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Both your cards are fab hun. The elves are just so adorable, can't tell you how much i love them. My favourite stamps just now and thats the truth!! I am just working on a card with this little chappy will try and post him later today. he is adorable, just hadn't got any coloured images of him until now, sorry. Hugs Linda x

Becky said...

Wow Paula, I just love both cards!! Your colouring with Pro Markers is amazing! (You just know I love the effect these give!!) I'm sorry we've all been leaving your little elf boy out, if I had all the money in the world I would buy him in a second lol!!
Love Becky xx

crafty amy said...

Gorgeous cards hun I am so excited I have just brought my first stamps from you I am sorry I didn't buy the cute little adornment either but wil build up to him. can't wait to get them and play :)

*Hugs* Amy xx

Pambalf said...

Think I send this to the wrong post earlier so here goes again! lol
I love the little man soo much I placed my order lol although I was planning to buy him anyway
Pam xx

Carol said...

Great cards I was lucky enough to get the reflective elf and lurve her :) she stamps beutifully - many thanks
TC
:)

Ria Zonnestraaltje said...

Beautifull cards ;)colors are pretty vibrant :)

But about the boy I don't have the boy stamp so I can't use him :) LOL But I use the one and Images I did buy ;) hahahaha
I have noticed that I am mostly making cards with girlie stamps. and I should make more boy cards :)

hugs Ria

Dizzie Noodle said...

I stumbled across your blog while blog hopping, and I just felt compelled to comment! Your cards are awesome, so beautiful. You are quite talented!

-Michelle